INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Due to the high volume of unsolicited phone calls I receive, calls made from unlisted numbers (number withheld) are automatically blocked. If you wish to speak with me about a role please use a listed number/direct dial or contact me via email with the following information in your email:
- Job Title
- Salary Range
- Full Job Description
On receipt of the above information I will review the role and advise you if I wish to be represented and put forward as a candidate.
Talented & motivated Support Engineer specialising in Desktop Support, Application Packaging & Deployment and Systems Administration, with a wealth of technical and business skills acquired across diverse industry sectors. Looking for the right opportunity to bring immediate and strategic value and develop current skillset further.
- Extensive commercial experience of Microsoft Operating Systems and Software.
- Strong background in Systems Administration and End-User Support.
- Familiar with ITIL & Service Desk Operations.
- Project planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to assimilate and rapidly utilise emerging technologies.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to tasks.
- Meets demanding deadlines and targets working under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills – good with clients/end users.
Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
Platforms: Android, Apple IOS, Blackberry, Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), Windows Server 2012R2, 2008R2, Windows 8.1/7/Vista/XP, Windows Mobile.
Hardware: 3Com, Apple, Barracuda, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, NetApp, Riverbed, Samsung, Watchguard.
Applications: Active Directory, Avaya Aura Communication Manager, Avaya CMS, cPanel, DHCP, DNS, Exchange 2010, Group Policy, Linux (CentOS & Debian), Lync 2013/2010, Request Tracker (RT), System Center Configuration Manager 2012, SharePoint 2007, System Center Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Visnetics, VMware vSphere 5.5 & ESXi, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows 8.1/ 7, WHM, WSUS.
Antivirus: Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Microsoft, Norton, Sophos, Symantec.
Languages: Visual Basic for Applications, VB Script, HTML, CSS.
Telecoms: ADSL, BT eco/Woosh, cPanel hosting, FTTC, SDSL, VPN, WLR3.
Oct 2013 – Present 2nd Line Support Engineer Zen Internet
As part of Zen’s Network & Infrastructure (N&I) department I worked with a team of Support Engineers acting as an internal escalation point for tickets raised via the Service Desk.
- Taking ownership of tickets raised from the Service Desk using Request Tracker (Open Source Helpdesk System) and dealing with until resolved, keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- Management of Active Directory infrastructure and Group Policy.
- Management of Avaya phone system, creating IVRs, vector directory numbers, vectors & ACD based call routing.
- Liaising with System Engineers on complex issues and carrying out assigned tasks.
- Systems imaging, including image creation, capture & deployment using SCCM 2012.
- Evaluating & creating software installation packages for zero touch deployment using SCCM 2012.
- Desktop Support for Windows 7 x64 edition, Office 2013, Visio 2010, Visual Studio and custom in-house applications.
Oct 2010 – Oct 2013 Technical Support Consultant Zen Internet
Zen Internet is one of Britain’s leading independent business class ISPs delivering a wide range of internet services to both its business and residential customers. Working on a busy multi-skilled support desk I am responsible for handling customer calls and emails.
- Served customers in a positive way showcasing the Zen ethos of going the extra mile, resulting in customer compliments and recognition from Management.
- Inspired confidence with the customer enabling them to resolve the majority of issues first time.
- Contributed to the department’s SLA through low AHT’s and consistent high call volumes.
Apr 2010 – May 2010 IT Consultant The Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) is the third largest university in the United Kingdom in terms of student numbers. Contracted by the Internal Systems department to provide support on a short-term deployment project.
- Contributed to the deployment of new equipment to staff within the Humanities faculty.
- Managed the imaging and configuration of Mac & PC hardware prior to deployment.
Nov 2009 – Feb 2010 IT Consultant Bureau Veritas Inspections UK
Bureau Veritas is an international certification agency specialising in health, safety and environmental inspection. Contracted to the IT department to provide support on a major upgrade project.
- Successfully upgraded the software/hardware of 400 PC’s from across the UK inside 3 months.
- Contributed to the successful UK migration to the Siebel platform, as part of a global project.
Mar 2009 – Jul 2009 IT Consultant The Manchester Metropolitan University
Contracted by the University’s Internal Systems department to provide hardware support during outsourcing negotiations.
- Co-ordinated the on-site diagnostics & repair of IT hardware reducing turnaround to 48 hours.
- Supported the helpdesk team ensuring staff and students received support within SLA.
Apr 2008 – Oct 2008 Systems Administrator AA Projects Ltd
AA Projects Ltd is a construction consultancy firm providing specialist support to the construction industry. Responsible for the management of the company’s network operations across five UK based sites. Delivered technology-based solutions to address business needs.
- Produced bespoke programming solution for Outlook to streamline attachment handling and storage. Resulted in company-wide adoption.
- Addressed auditing & compliance requirements by implementing an E-mail archive solution.
- Implemented an Anti-Spam solution resulting in 90% reduction of unsolicited email.
Jun 2000 – Apr 2008 Systems Administrator Elcometer Instruments Limited
Elcometer Instruments Ltd specialises in the design, manufacture and sales of precision electronic measuring equipment for use in the automotive, construction and marine industries. Responsible for management of the IT infrastructure, procurement, software licensing and end-user support.
- Project lead in the network migration to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory. Project completed on target and with no downtime.
- Delivered improved productivity to the business through implementation of Exchange 2003 allowing the management team to efficiently schedule resources & meetings.
- Enhanced visibility of support tickets through the implementation of a helpdesk system resulting in raised awareness of the IT department within the business.
Oct 1989– May 2000 IT Technician The Manchester Metropolitan University
Provided comprehensive Audio-Visual & IT resource support to staff and students within the University and external clients.
- Administration of Windows NT4 & NetWare 4.11 servers within the department.
- Installation of network software, routine maintenance and upgrade of PC’s and peripherals.
- Carrying out virus scans and removals to maintain system and data integrity to agreed service standards.
Oldham Lifelong Learning City & Guilds 7303 PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
The Manchester College BTEC HNC Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
North Trafford College BTEC OND Electronics & Communication Engineering.